If your Ariston Margherita doesn't drain or spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When my washing machine stopped working properly I looked online for a solution. As I could not find one I thought it might be helpful if I posted this for those whose machine stops at the beginning of a wash cycle and won't drain or spin.

The washing machine is an Ariston Margherita 2000. Over about a week it started working less and less efficiently. I was finding that at the end of a wash, the clothing at the bottom of the machine was dripping wet and the stuff on top seemed to have hardly washed at all. Eventually the machine just filled with water and stopped. I checked that everything was connected and had a look at the drain pump, which was okay.

I called a technician today. It turned out the problem was the belt: it had a crack in it. He said that the last time they had a look at it, they refitted the belt because it was loose. They wouldn't have noticed the crack. He replaced it and it works fine now.

Sponsored Links
Just a quick little note, these are also symptoms of worn motor brushes.

Did they get checked just in case 'I usually do it just to save getting a repeat call out, takes about 5 mins.

I just say this as you could have had a loose belt and worn motor brushes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back