Igniting problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 20 year old Apollo Fanfane boiler and a Honeywell timer that has the settings - off,continous,twice and once on it.

My heating at present will not come on.

When you put it onto the continous setting, you can here a noise coming from the boiler as it starts up but thats it - no clicking, sparking or attempted lighting of the pilot light.

This has happened in the past (but corrected itself somehow) and the problem seemed to occur when the heating was put on the continous setting and that in turn overlapped the start of the timed setting (which was the 2nd of 2 daily settings).ie. the heating was timed to come on at 2.00pm and go off at 4.00pm but the continous setting was used at 1.30pm and turned off manually at 3.00pm.

Next time I try to put on continous, it gives me this problem.

A couple of months ago I had a solenoid fitted to where it should be sparking.

Any ideas guys how to get things going again short term (cos I am freezing) and also possibly long term ?

Sponsored Links
interesting fault. cant see how the clock could be involved though, especially as the boiler does make noise when the clock is advanced manually. is it the internal clock or an external?

is it fan flued? if so, do you know if the boiler has the fan timer board? this is the single biggest cause of intermittent faults on this boiler but some models dont have it.

interesting fault. cant see how the clock could be involved though, especially as the boiler does make noise when the clock is advanced manually. is it the internal clock or an external?

is it fan flued? if so, do you know if the boiler has the fan timer board? this is the single biggest cause of intermittent faults on this boiler but some models dont have it.

There is a flue going outside if that helps.

Not sure if it has a fan timer board.

Obviosly the fan but what does this board control ie. what are the effects of it working and not working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back