IKEA Fixa Tool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
Just a quick note to anybody considering using one of these. Have no fear, they are an excellent little tool, if used correctly.
I have just used one of these to cut a tap hole in a sink and having read a few reviews online beforehand, I was more than a little worried. I kept reading about the tool getting stuck and being difficult to turn etc.
Once I had drilled the pilot and got the tool attached I tightened it up until it began to bite into the sink and then tried to turn it. BIG MISTAKE!!! Luckily I realised this very quickly. No one would make a tool that is that hard to use. You do not turn this tool to cut the sink, you just keep tightening it. It will get progressively harder to tighten until the next "teeth" cut through and then it will cut till the next "teeth" bite. Once they bite, it's harder to tighten up but then they will cut through and it's easy again. Keep doing this and within 2 minutes you have a perfect hole in your sink!!!!!

Just thought I would share that

Peadee

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back