Ikea kitchen drawers .....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone out there fitted, or have, the 60cm. wide Faktum kitchen drawers under the sink? We have a picture here of a cupboard with the two drawers fitted directly under the sink. I can imagine the bottom drawer goes all the way to the back but the top one must stop short of the waste water pipe. We have checked the Ikea web site and the catalogue but it doesn't state anywhere how far back the top drawer goes. Normally we would call the help line but it's Sunday and ..... Any help would be appreciated .... :confused:

Kev

Sponsored Links
I suspect they have used a wall unit draw in a base unit. This is what Ikea suggested I do to clear my vent stack. A base unit is 580 deep and a wall unit is 355 deep so I guess this would leave 580-355=225 clear. However if you are using Ikea sink and waste assemble this first as they are not as flexible to fit as they seem at first glance. Also it could not be a 1200 wide unit because the draws need both carcase side panels to attach to.

MoN. The cabinet is 60cm deep. It is designed to hold bins for rubbish. Apart from the waste water pipe there is also the connection from the dishwasher We can't find any information about the inside measurements anywhere. We will have to call Ikea tomorrow. Now it's beer o-clock. :D
Thanks for the reply ....

Kev ....

The sizes I gave were for the carcase without the door so your waste pipes should be no more than around 225 from back of cabinet if you wish to use a wall cabinet draw in a base unit. Possibly up to 250ish because the draws dont reach the very back anyway.

Sponsored Links
Display kitchens and catalogue pictures are designed to show off all the bells and whistles of a range of units, they are not designed to be practical kitchens.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the doors and drawer fronts in the catalogue pictures were stuck to the units with bits of double sided tape by a photographer without a kitchen installer going anywhere near it, just to last for as long as it took to photograph it. It may even be done with Photoshop.

If you were asked to photograph samples of every kitchen in every colour combination, how would you go about it?

Thanks for the come-back guys. We've made up our little list of problems and we're taking a drive to Ikea on the weekend. It's in the "too hard" department trying to work it out without actually talking to them or seeing what you're talking about. There's too many options.

Kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back