Kitchen drawers alignment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Yesterday I had a new integrated dishwasher fitted. After they had left I noticed the top drawers on the cabinets either side were slightly sticking out.
The drawers close fully but they are not flush with the cupboards which are beneath the drawers.
The installers have been back today, have made some adjustments and have said it is nothing to do with the dishwasher.
I have looked myself online at adjusting drawers but it seems this is only of benefit if the drawer isn't closing fully, which is not the problem.
I have attached a photo.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0701.JPG
    IMG_0701.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 129
Sponsored Links
have they put those small plastic dots behind the drawers that stop them banging when they shut. If you take out a lower drawer, and then check behind the drawer front, is there a gap; if there is, that would suggest that ether the drawer runners are set too far forward, or the drawers need to be set back on the runners.

is the dishwasher free standing or in a unit, to be honest it doesn't look that bad, at least not from the photo anyway

The runners may have been installed incorrectly [too far forward by a few mm] which means the draw is hitting the stop too soon.
There may be debris in the runners or other obstruction on the runner preventing full movement, soft close mechanism may not be located correctly, draw fronts may not be locked on fully.The draws may be perfect and the other doors not aligned correctly.

Sponsored Links
The draws may be perfect and the other doors not aligned correctly

Excellent suggestions Foxhole, but for that to happen, the carcase would have to be set back further than the drawer unit.

Excellent suggestions Foxhole, but for that to happen, the carcase would have to be set back further than the drawer unit.
No, the doors could be too tight to the carcase on the hinge side. If all the door hinges are adjacent [i.e no hinge side meets an opening side next to it] then this would not be apparent to the untrained eye.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back