Bisley Filing Cabinet problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a four drawer Bisley Filing Cabinet.

Today I found I could not close the second drawer because a fluffy jumper in the third drawer had puffed up into the space behind the open second drawer and was blocking it.

This is the type of cabinet that only one drawer can be opened at a time.

Can anyone help please?

mygoose

Sponsored Links
Cut a wire coat hanger and form a hook on the end use it to pull out the jumper.

I haven't yet come across a filing cabinet where the drawers couldn't come out, so I'd unload the drawer that does open, and then check along the outer sides to see if there's some sort of catch there.
Careful with the weight!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I haven't yet come across a filing cabinet where the drawers couldn't come out, so I'd unload the drawer that does open, and then check along the outer sides to see if there's some sort of catch there.
Careful with the weight!
John :)

Yes, that is the way to do it and it transpires that there are instructions on the Bisley website on how to do it.

Mine is the pre 2010 version and it is rather complicated and in the end I couldn't do it.

Bisley gave me the name of their nearest agent who came the next morning.

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you but this happened just as I was going on holiday.

Thanks for help everybody.
mygoose

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back