IKEA tarnan kitchen mixer spout stiff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's a monoblock tap and the spout became so stiff that it loosened the tap on the sink. I've managed to tighten up the tap underneath but obviously the spout is going to need to be cleaned and greased otherwise it'll happen again.
Problem I have is I can't get it apart. Have found the instructions but in those that part comes as a complete piece. I've got as far as getting the cartridge out but now I'm stuck. :( can't see any screws etc - any ideas?
Uploaded some photos
Please tell me I don't have to disconnect the whole thing from underneath...Just typed this on my phone as my PC is now playing up too .... :evil:
Feel like going back to bed ....

Sponsored Links
They're not really designed to be dismantled, you'll probably need a new tap

Hmmm that is really really rubbish ....
This is a replacement for an Ikea tap that was 4 or 5 yrs old. The valves went, were replaced then the handle started spinning on the valve spindle ...and they don't do new handles (and had discontinued that tap)
They were very good, it was still under guarantee so they sent me a whole new different tap (this one) and paid for a plumber to fit it (as I paid for someone to fit the kitchen)
Haven't dug out the paperwork but this one must have been fitted new in about June 2013 - and they supposedly have 10yr guarantees now!

I think it might be that it wasn't swiveled much - then our dishwasher broke and it took me a month to fix it so it got more swiveling, loosened it in the sink!

But still it is less than 18 months old...and we live in one of the softest water areas in the UK....

Have been squirting round the edges where it turns with a blunt syringe of vinegar and water and it has loosened a bit ...some crud has come out ...but I know that isn't a long term solution

Sponsored Links
I expect the seals are degrading, and soft water could actually exacerbate this. Your warranty will be from the original installation, not the replacement. Next time, buy a reputable make like Franke

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back