Replacing O Rings in Franke Pilatus Kitchen mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Franke Pilatus tap - the spout is very "stiff and sticky" when I try to rotate it, and according to the supplier I need to repalce two "O" Rings on which the spout rotates.

I know how to remove the top part of the tap (ie the nut that holds the valve assembly in place), having done this job before. But I can't quite see how to remove the spout - before I get going and make a complete mess of the tap, does anyone know what holds the spout in place? I have studied the Franke diagrams till I'm blue in the face but I can't see how the spout is held in place.

I haven't explained this very well, but hopefully someone who has dis-assembled a Franke PIlatus may know what I'm ttrying to say!

J

Sponsored Links
Without looking at that specfic tap, is there a little nut on the back of the spout?

Some taps need to be pointing in a certain direction to come off, like turn the spout to the left, so it is 90degrees from where you are standing and pull.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I'll have a go at taking it apart and see how it goes! Thanks to all for replies. J

Yes, I'll have a go at taking it apart and see how it goes! Thanks to all for replies. J

How did it go? We have one and the tap is really stiff, either u get really hot water, or really cold - its impossible to get the temp u want. Anyone got a suggestions please?

ta - andropopoff

[/quote]

How did it go? We have one and the tap is really stiff, either u get really hot water, or really cold - its impossible to get the temp u want. Anyone got a suggestions please?

ta - andropopoff[/quote]

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't got round to doing it yet - though I think I can see how to get it apart (and back together).

I'm actually thinking of changing the tap for a simpler one - with separate H&C controls.

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back