IKEA wardrobe hinge adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

So, I have one door on my 3 door IKEA wardrobe that it's annoying me.

It's the heavy door as it has a mirror finish.

It doesn't close properly. I'm managed to adjust so it now closes properly everywhere but the top right corner.

By not close properly I mean it almost hangs open. Looking down on the wardrobe from above, you have a bigger gap between wardrobe and door as you move away from the hinge.

I've turned the screw that controls depth to it's full extent... And the others too (it's improved but not solved.

Any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_20210808_155708.jpg
    IMG_20210808_155708.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20210808_155655.jpg
    IMG_20210808_155655.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 171
Sponsored Links
Could be the wardrobe frame that's out of true. Have you tried re-distributing the wardrobe contents (especially any heavy objects) to see if that makes a difference?

Could be the wardrobe frame that's out of true. Have you tried re-distributing the wardrobe contents (especially any heavy objects) to see if that makes a difference?
Hmmm, interesting. I was a bit off when I put it together, but after leaving it stood in place for a few hours it did settle. It's been up now for months, I was just getting round to it

Usually binding at hinge if it does not close, needs the hinges moving out slightly , is it’s not square and level no amount of adjustment will correct it .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back