Ikon 28t combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please help me. I have an Ikon 28t combo boiler and I have had a Salus it500 boiler installed. It all seams to be wired up correctly and the thermostat is sending signals to the receiver. The trouble is the receiver isn't turning on the boiler. Any ideas as to why?

Sponsored Links
If its not worked since the salus installed its either wired wrong or faulty. Pics of the wiring might help

Is the lower switch on the receiver showing a green light and does the upper switch on the receiver fire up the boiler in the manual position?

Yes the bottom button is green. It works on manual override. When not on manual the button is orange but does not start the boiler

Sponsored Links
When there is demand for heating the upper switch light should be showing blue and I believe the lower flashes green for a while then goes steady green.

I'm not certain but you may have a problem with the pairing of the two units if this isn't happening.

it goes blue on manual override, but doesn't turn on on auto. the flame shows on unit as if it is sending the signal. So you don't think its something to do with the wiring from the unit to the boiler,

if the boiler fires when the receiver is on manual override, the wiring to the boiler must be OK and the problem is most likely to be the way the thermostat has been set up.

It could of course be faulty but I would double check it's pairing and programme settings. What is the lower switch set to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back