Im picking up a resin sink, tap, waste package today (i hope)...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per title, I want to fit it myself this coming week.

I also need to fit a new worktop, so i will be cutting the hole out myself with a router. Which isn't a problem as i cut the hole out for the hob yesterday successfully.

Right.. My question..

Do i need to seal in the edge of the newly cut hole in the laminate worktop once ive cut it?. Or do i just put some silicon sealant bead around the sink edge? Or both?. Do i need anything else when plumbing in the pipes?. I will need a copper pipe to flex pipe valve/olive system wouldn't i?. Which one?. What im asking for really is a list of the items i require to complete the job.

Sponsored Links
I would smear clear silicone sealant around the entire cut surface of the sink cut-out.
Let it dry before putting the sink in otherwise it can get a bit messy.

Yes as above seal the worktop with clear silicone first.

Would be able to offer advice on fittings if you took a picture of the pipework under your sink, without that, it's just a guess.

Sponsored Links
If you've got a good quality jigsaw, you may find it easier and quicker to use a downward cutting blade than the router. It seems as though you have copper tails for the taps, so it would best to replace them with 300mm flexis.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back