Immersion Heater help please

OK I will make sure I buy the correct one! Usually the thermostat comes with the element - I have seen them before as a set for about £17-20.

Yes of course the outer part gets scaled, but why does the resistance lowering mean the element is faulty? obviously it is good I have done the tests and know it is for sure, but why is this?

Sponsored Links
strange. usually a resiatance reading of 0 means the component is working correctly, ie with solenoids in boilers, thermostats/thermistors in boilers, etc.

i take it if the element was OK and read 17-19 ohms then the reason for my no hot water would be due to scale inside the hot water cylinder (if i had set the cylinder stat to say for eg 70 degree, etc and limescale would have been forming from all the fresh water going in!!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back