immersion heater length

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The label on my hot water cylinder gives the maximum immersion heater length as 860 mm. I would expect as that is the max allowed length then a heater of that size would be available. I can't find one! is that length available?

Sponsored Links
more information needed, immersion heaters for unvented and vented cylinders are different, you should have a label on your cylinder saying what you have , post a pic of that and you will get the advice you need, might help too why are you asking ?

Sponsored Links
Don't you think it might help DIYers to know the reason, then they have less chance of making a mistake if they need to replace the immersion heater.

Or are G3 people members of a society of secret information..

Don't you think it might help DIYers to know the reason, then they have less chance of making a mistake if they need to replace the immersion heater.

Or are G3 people members of a society of secret information..
No not a member of any secret society and most manus make it that the threads are different for elements so that elements for vented can not be installed in unvented cylinders, unvented require safety controls that vented do not require, as you know this site is limited to what can be discussed, not because of any king of secrecy, but because it is an open forum and anyone can read anything written by anyone and believe it to be fact , but yet again you have robbed the OP from getting the advice that they seek , by trying to make your self out to be some Guru , which you definately are not

To answer the questions: the cylinder is vented (normal header tank and cylinder). The reason for asking is that I have fitted one of those devices which diverts surplus solar power to the immersion heater. The immersion heater is 27" and came from the original 36" copper cylinder. I now have a stainless steel one and want the longest possible immersion heater so the solar diverter will heat sufficient water for a bath.

your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of your new cylinder with the serial number, tell them what you want to do and ask them for their recommendations are, most stainless steel cylinders come with long extended warranties but that will be invalidated with using non-recommended ancillaries

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back