immersion heater timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I want a switch for my immersion heater that turns off after 10 or 15 mins. I don't want the immersion on regularly - just for a top up sometimes. When I switch the immersion on I forget - wasting energy and money. I asked my electrician and he said he didn't think the kind of press button timed light switches that turn off after little while would be suitable. Is there one that will work?
I am also about to change the thermostat as every time I forget and temp goes to about 65 it trips out. I have already reduced temp to minimum but scale doesn't tell me what that temp is. I know temp because my water is heated by combination of solar and solid fuel back burner and control panel displays temp in tank.
Thanks
A

Sponsored Links
There are loads designed for the job
HOE15.JPG
without using a pneumatic timer these
1623061-40.jpg
often only rated at 6A where immersion heater often 13A so I would select one of the specials designed for immersion heaters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back