immersion heater will only heat 2ft water then it goes cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am looking for some advice, my immersion heater was working fine, heat a full tank in half a hour, now when I put the immersion on it will only heat about 2ft water then the rest is cold, please help

Sponsored Links
Sorry not sure, when I turn my tap on the water only fills the bath with about 2ft hot water?

Sponsored Links
The pipe at the top was very hot last night but when I ran a bath had 2ft hot, then it went cold

Two feet of hot water in a bath? That's some bath. Average depth in this country is roughly 16/18 inches right up to the rim.

Two feet of water in a 1700 x 700mm bath would empty a 900 x 450 cylinder of hot water.

What is emerging is that either your measurements are very inaccurate.....or this is a wind up.

I might be inaccurate when I stud in the bath last night after it was cool enough it came just above my ankle :oops:

immersion heaters come in various lengths. I think the longest normally available is 27 inches.

If you have a thin, tall, hot water cylinder, it will not give much hot water unless you have an element fitted through the side near the bottom (such cylinders are available)

presumably you have no boiler.

what colour is your cylinder? (this is not a joke)

Copper colour with a green foam wrapper around it, before last night my bath was full of hot water and still had enough to wash up, also I cant here the tank filling up like I used too.

Was it a dual element (two settings) model?
Do you mean it suplies hot water then runs cold or as you can't hear it filling does the flow stop?

I don't know what u mean by duel element?, when I think the water is hot ,I fill the bath only to find out its not hot all the way through, starts going cold after about 15 - 20 cm hot water

I might be inaccurate when I stud in the bath last night after it was cool enough it came just above my ankle :oops:

2ft to your ankles, you must be the tallest woman in the world, or your guy's been exaggerating in the measurement department :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back