Immersion Heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

My Immersion heater hot water tank has stopped working. Its been fine and working for nearly 8 years and now I'm unsure what the Fault is. Orginally I thought it was the smiths etu 4000 immersion programmer, because the display was dead and no lights. Now I'm thinking it could be the 15 amp fuse on the fusebox or the immersion thermostat or the metal rod that goes into the side that heats water. I'm not sure how diagnose the fault and were to begin. any ideas, advice, help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance and take care everyone!

Sponsored Links
HI

it is usually immersion heater on the tank.but first check all external fuses.

always check first power to the connection unit to the heater, then the fuse in the connection unit (near to the heater). then check the power to the timer/programmer. if all are gd, then the heater is faulty.

Thanks for the prompt response, when you say heater do you mean the element ? and Fuses I need to check on the fusebox and the white switch next to the immersion heater ?

Thanks

P

Sponsored Links
If the controler display is blank then the supply to it seems to have failed.

It might be an unrelated fault but often a catestrophic failure of the element will blow/trip the supply at the consumer unit.

For safety reasons, I would be more comfortable if you were employing a competent person.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back