immersion heaters

Sponsored Links
Nahh, Penny obviously has these in her computer (that explains why the fans are working overtime) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Come on they are part of the preheat facility for water cooled systems to enable the CPU to get up to temperature as quickly as possible.

Sponsored Links
I would say posted in wrong section. It is a problem working out when a heater in a large tank is working as it takes some time. As an electrician I will use a clamp on ammeter and check current draw.

Of course you may be considering more than just if they are working. One should use a high ohm meter to check installation these use 500 v and a low ohm meter to test the element continuity these use at least 200 ma.

One of the problems is economy 7 is a tariff not a system and there are a few different ways to wire up. Some times there is a DNO controlled time clock other systems include a special meter which monitors the time the power is used and you have to set the clock yourself.

However I would repost in electrics UK section and give a lot more info. Pictures of electric meters would help.

I suppose it could be software controlled no reason why one should not have a PLC controlling contactors which could even have a SCADA interface but I think it has just been posted in wrong section.

Back