Immigrant Truck Deaths - Could Driver Be Innocent?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/23/firs...arrested-39-bodies-discovered-essex-10971264/

Metro has given name and photo of the driver.
Says he has been arrested for murder
But if he drove the truck (cabin only) from Ireland to pick up the container, why would he be accused of the murder? Maybe police already know he is part of the gang that arranged it all. But what if he's just a truck driver hired to fetch a container, i.e. what truck drivers do for a living?

Now has his face and name all over the place as a murderer. Career over even if he's innocent.

The thing is Jon. Your posting a link thats at odds with your argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If driver is innocent, he will have a good case to sue the police/media. If the process is good enough for Cliff Richard then it should also work for the lorry driver. I think the couple who were arrested for alleged drone operations around Heathrow/Gatwick are also suing because of the adverse publicity before being released without charges.

driver is innocent, he will have a good case to sue the police/media.
Slightly different!!!!..Not exactly a "smoking gun""" but he was driving an artic with 30odd dead people in the back!!!!!!So fair enough he has a few questions to answer..They had zero evidence against Cliff Richard

If driver is innocent, he will have a good case to sue the police/media
Rubbish..If you were the detective in charge of"" 37dead people in vehicle" case...Would you interview the vehicle driver?

That depends on your ability to pay in order to get justice (n)
And the difference between 37 dead people as opposed to zero evidence and no crime committed

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of an update - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10212551/essex-lorry-news-deaths-vietnamese-victim-text/
'I'M DYING MUM' Essex deaths – Vietnamese ‘lorry victim’ text mum saying ‘I can’t breathe’ after family ‘paid £30k to smuggle her to UK’

If they all paid the same, it's £1,170,000 in the gang's pockets, less cost of transport. I still think the Irish truck driver was just hired for the last leg, probably by the Warrington people arrested, to try to cover up who was behind it.

I still think the Irish truck driver was just hired for the last leg, probably by the Warrington people arrested, to try to cover up who was behind it.
Agreed Sherlock...I do not think Paddy is the criminal mastermind behind smuggling them all from S E Asia.

Its more than possible that the Driver would have not known what was in the container when he picked it up .

It sounds now that the container was sealed with a Customs seal, it would be breaking the law if the driver broke the seal to check the load . . The question is how was a customs seal applied and where .

Sponsored Links
Back