impact screwdriver bits getting mashed!

Sponsored Links
I was hoping someone would reply with a ''buy this brand, they never break'', but I'm thinking such a bit doesn't exist.
A case of 'lump it' methinks.
Fat chance, Swith! Impact drivers kill bits, although better quality bits do last longer. For me that means avoiding deWalt, Stanley and Makita bits, all of which explode as readily as a jihadi suicide bomber! Best results I've had so far have been by using Wera impact bits in their own bi-torsion (impact) bit holder, but as others say they aren't cheap (must admit I've yet to see the Milwaukee bits). For seriously long screws (90mm and over) I've started going over to T-Star style screws because the Torx driver bits last a lot longer and aren't anywhere near as prone to slipping as the PZD screws - if they start slipping then you know they're f**ked!

Has anyone tried the new wera impaktor bits??

They are fairly expensive but i always say you get what you pay for and these really do the business especially as their designed for impact drivers.

I Would strongly recommend these bit chap. I have had a big job on ding post and rail fencing and we are using 5x100 spax screws. I would say we have done 4000 screws so far and i have only done 4 bits in!!!!

Sponsored Links
An interesting and developing thread....Seems the Milwaukee impact bits are the best compromise between cost and performance.....can get 25 of these for under a tenner off Ebay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back