impact driver bits

WERA are excellent bits, I have them and rate them highly however I'm also very open to trying other challengers and when dewalt recently relieved me of some hard earned cash on upgraded tools they threw in lots of these extreme impact torsion bits in 50 and 25mm, I must say I found them easily as good as WERA, I've yet to shatter any and if I can get 6 months from one bit then their as good as WERA in my book as well as being cheaper, well worth a try

Sponsored Links
I'd sooner take 3 packs of dewalt for the same money. I guarantee you won't get through as many as you suggest.
I went through quite a few - bought a DeWalt 'set' and a box of bits - I shattered a crap load of them before I'd had enough. Bought a Wera Tri-torsion bit holder and have broken one bit since (a pz3 removing a 120mm Spax deck screw partially rusted). Particularly with they Ryobi unit as it punts out a bit more torque than most of the dewalt/makita units that seem to go for 160-180 Nm.

I went through quite a few - bought a DeWalt 'set' and a box of bits - I shattered a crap load of them before I'd had enough. Bought a Wera Tri-torsion bit holder and have broken one bit since (a pz3 removing a 120mm Spax deck screw partially rusted). Particularly with they Ryobi unit as it punts out a bit more torque than most of the dewalt/makita units that seem to go for 160-180 Nm.

I've used them with my 280nm impact wrench without issue.:cautious:

Sponsored Links
I've never broken one putting stuff together - every one that's broken has happened while undoing/dismantling beefy screws.

I'd have to see it to believe it.
I'm with the others - standard DW bits are a waste of time on any half-decent impact driver (I have a Makita DTD170), and the black impacty ones are frankly very inconsistent whilst Milwaukees tend to wear out far too fast then start cream crackering the screw heads (on PZD2s they aren't a brilliant fit to start with) - before they shatter. Wera impact bits simply don't do that which is why so many heavy users go for them.

I just broke 2 dewalt impact driver bits today putting in about 20 screws. Soft wood too. Crap. Will have to try Wera when the rest break.

I have given up using Phillips/Pozidrive screws. I now only use those with Torx heads. I find the bit locates much better, and the screws can be "buzzed" in with an electric screwdriver very easily. I do, however have a set of very good Torx bits.

i changed to torx as well about a year ago and have a big stock in the workshop
and i have learned that just as with ph and pz...get good quality ones
i took out some old ph screws today and refitted the items with torx
they skipped a bit...but they were freecheapies...i think they werent a really tight fit though

i will get a couple of my usual sizes tomorrow...wera again

say..:D
those impact drivers are ACE!!!! and with the

21-pc-ultra-magnetic-drive-bit-set-jpg.121435

make me feel cool..!!
cheers
geof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back