Impact driver bit set, which one would last the course?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a DeWALT DCK266P2T Brushless Combi and Impact driver Twin Pack. These are quite powerful and make light work of some of the jobs i used to struggle with. These look formidable. I am planing to do a few jobs around the house with my impact driver. What impact driver screwdriver bits would you recommend for my driver that would last? Many thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
you dont need an impact for most things in general if its less than 50mm a hammer drill or drill driver is the correct tool and much much quieter :D:D:D
having said that modern electronic control impacts are more useable with smaller sizes

Sponsored Links
DW impact bits are pretty useless. Milwaukee are a little better (those opinions based on having destroyed more than enough of them). The best ones are Wiha and Wera with the Wera Impaktor coming out best of all, especially if used with Wera's own impact bit holder. Even if you don't buy one of those, longer bit holders seem to twist and flex a bit more than shorter ones and that alone will lengthen the life of your bits. If you go with the Impaktors expect to pay £2.50 to £3.00 per bit

Last edited by a moderator:
DW impact bits are pretty useless. Milwaukee are a little better (those opinions based on having destroped enough of them). The best ones are Wiha and Wera with the Wera Impaktor coming out best of all, especially if used with Wera's own impact bit holder. Even if you don't buy one of those longer bit holders seem to twist and flex a bit more than shorter ones and that alone will lengthen the life of your bits. If you go with the Impaktors expect to pay £2.50 to £3.00 per bit
Thanks, i got the Wera Impaktor 30 bit set

I'm a deWalt fanboy if you like but their impact torsion bits although look pretty are rubbish, thought I would try them out so bought them in a tictac box rather than a set and shattered the end off 6 bits in a row. I'm always up for trying new stuff but bits I always end up going back to wera, never ever snapped one in 10 years, they wear out before they break

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back