Impact wrench sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have to join two collars to a purlin strut total width 7” with toothed washers between. I plan to use an impact wrench. Are there any recommendations for good quality impact sockets?

Blup

Sponsored Links
76mm toothed washers x4 per end, working alone, tightening from each side, it's got to be easier than a socket or a flogging spanner, and certainly an engineer's vice.

Makita do an impact wrench which would come in handy for wheel nuts as well.

Blup

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Impact wrench seem ott for joining timber.
Depends on how many you are doing. In tight spaces I use a Makita angled impact driver, a 1/2in bit adaptor and a spark plug socket. Not super fast, but by the time you've tightened your 30th bolt of the day you begin to appreciate it

In the end I used a long handled ratchet and socket. Plus heavy duty sash and g clamps : clamp a little then tighten, and repeat. The impact wrench I used simply didn't have the grunt but produced so much heat the nut got welded to the bolt thread which was stripped smooth by the heat generated.

Blup

With hindsight it was alternating between tightening the bolt then tightening the clamps that worked. Probably would therefore also work with impact wrench.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back