Important message for all plumbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Found out a fantastic tip last week some of you may all ready know it but for those of you that don't, you will think it is amazing (as did I!)
Circulation problems as you all know can be caused by blockages, in particular blocked cold feeds. However, how can you tell where a blockage is or whether you have a partial blocked cold feed without cutting into pipework? Answer a magnet test! This is genuine. a magnet will not attract to a copper pipe. However, it does iron. Therfore it is obvious that iron oxide/magnatite which is found to clog systems has an attraction to the magnet. So simply run a magnet down pipework if there is a blockage it will stick right to it. A good magnet is advised but this will hopefully save us all a lot of time!

Sponsored Links
harrr harrr very good ,sipsong of sarcasm ,drop of wit, marvellous

Christ you're right.....I have a blockage in all of my radiators :!:

Sponsored Links
great,you have got me crying now,all the years in therapy wasted, i personally thought it was a good hint for jockinafrock to find his blockage,but i will now put it away for fear of ridicule and hopefully it will never be mentioned again

Well Mr. Professes to be a Plumber, how does it work with blockages caused by limescale?

(Answers on the back of a postage should give you lots of space to spare).

why are you going off on a tangent,i never said it was a miracle worker,

so to summerise, its a crap idea because it doesnt work on limescale or rads,iam the master of the bleeding obvious, its been around for twenty years,i profess to be a plumber but you have a nagging doubt,and you like to hunt in packs, :eek:

+++++++++++++++
Moderator's note:

Never mind.

For some reason people who like taking about pipes are exceptionally bad tempered. The other forums are not usually like this.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++

bit harsh rupert ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back