Impossible goal?

Pleny of small holdings for sale, but you might have to be a bit rural. Hope you have plenty of money, the good life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Sponsored Links
A house 5 mins down the road from me (East Yorkshire) has just been built on a small equine/ small holding site.

The owners have lived in a static caravan for around 20 years and have been playing tennis with the local planning authorities for many years now to get the desired permision.

But finally this year they have built a brick house, and a very substantial brick house at that!

So maybe explore buying a plot of land, getting services to it, and then putting a static or holiday lodge on it. My F.I.L works in the hoilday park industry and the lodges he deals with are very nice and can be lived in rather comfortably.

This way you can take your time planning the house of your dreams as you will know the site better. And you may find out that looking after live stock is not all its cracked up to be and choose a different hobby - land no longer required.

"EDIT" i share your dream too by the way but managed to buy the land with the house already built. Don't give up.

And you may find out that looking after live stock is not all its cracked up to be and choose a different hobby - land no longer required.
A M8's grandfather ran a smallholding (40 acres) milk herd - a saying of his was " If you got livestock you're gonna have dead stock ":(

Sponsored Links
My grandfather was a dairy farmer and said similar, if it has tits, wheels or you need to feed it then it will give you trouble (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back