Special reasons for granting planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a small plot of agricultural land (5 acres) currently used for a few sheep and an ancient horse.

We would love to build ourselves a house on it but on investigation have found that the only way we would get permission granted is if we were to prove that we need to be on site 24hrs to care for the animals and to prove that we make at least 20% of our income from the land. We have had sheep producing lambs for almost 8 years but as any farmer will tell you it is very difficult to earn money out of a few lambs. We don't have enough land to do it in a more commercial way and unfortunately my health is not good.

Is there any guide lines within the planning regulations to make provision for the granting permission for medical/health reasons?

I have tried googling it in different ways but come up blank, any help would greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
koi carp need a fair bit of looking after..

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hijack you thread but I have a similar query.

I understand from above that medical reasons are not given any credibility by planners, but wonder if social circumstances are ever taken into consideration at all during planning applications?

it is the building and the land that are the only considerations
people come and go buildings stay put ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back