Planning Permission x 2?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have planning permission for a small extension (nothing is under permitted development as the cottage was extended in the 70s) which was granted 3 years ago and we hope to start the project at the start of 2017 as have now saved up etc.

We are also considering a conservatory on the other side of the cottage, small but will add considerable light to a typical cottage, if we apply for this would it effect the previously granted permission for the extension? I fully understand they can say no to the conservatory etc.

So what I am asking is can I have two planning permissions granted for two different projects on the same house at the same time, logic says yes but wanted to ask !

Sponsored Links
As above but they may condition one against the other.

Sponsored Links
Yes - they will have the other one on file so they will reference it when reviewing.

If you intend to build both I would be clear about this, to make the planners life as easy as possible.

If the extensions don't work together they will either refuse the latter or condition it on the first being not carried out.

Its hard to know without seeing the proposals and what's intended, but if the same person is doing the application/drawings as the already approved application then it may even be advisable and just as quick to adjust these drawings and resubmit the whole lot as one application. This will then show that both extension work together which is ultimately what the planners would want to establish - also then if something needs adjusting to make the whole scheme acceptable this could be tweaked mid application easier.

(On a side note just because it has already been extended doesn't mean PD isn't applicable, its just means those extensions have to be taken into account when doing footprint area calculations etc. So if this extension was small, or say over an existing garage or in a loft there may well be ways to extend under PD still - you just have to work out where the "original house" is.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back