Improving grass

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have not been in my property all that long. When I moved in in September, the grass was bright green and lush. We had a harsh summer and I watered it lots to keep it healthy, but it did struggle.

I am finding it is very patchy as in my images here. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this? A friend said he thinks it could be the poor ground underneath. I did lift up some grass earlier in the winter time and found whole bricks and rubble in the ground.

I have tried adding more grass seeds in the poor areas, but it has not helped much. I also find mowing can be troublesome as the ground is not all that level.
Screenshot-2019-03-24-at-13-19-09.png

Screenshot-2019-03-24-at-13-19-16.png

Sponsored Links
I'm no expert, but if there is large rubble buried under there, it will not be able to store much water in the soil - each summer the grass will yellow and die wherever there is rubble. Builders typically just leave any rubble in gardens and lay lawn over the top to hide the rubble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back