In boiler Thermostat wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Does anybody know where to find info regarding the proper wiring order for my thermostat (not the ROOM one) the boiler one

I am struggling with my Alpha Ocean 80FF.

Now it's gonna get FREEZING....
Please help.

Burro

Sponsored Links
Try ringing Alpha Boilers householder helpline on 0870 3001 964 or their technical helpline on 0870 6000 119

Thanks a lot, just done it , (lovely customer service)
I've checked the wiring.. it's ok, now i need to check for some spares...
how do i check to see wheter on not these parts work.
- Boiler control thermostat
- safety thermostat
- relay

Shall I exclude any part to buy?

thanks
Burro

Sponsored Links
Are you a competent person to work on Gas Boilers?

- Boiler control thermostat

Variable resistor varies with temperature commonly negative temperature coefficient (ntc) pcb knows temperature of water by the resistance of this device. Check resistance but can seem to be right even when faulty. May just need cleaning. Replace if in doubt cheap part, ask for a white one off the modern boilers backwards compatible and better made.

Resistance check

- safety thermostat

Interrpts a live feed is normally closed, opens when overheated or faulty preventing live feed going on to start boiler, sometimes combined in series with low system water pressure sensor and on condensing boilers flue temperature sensor (to prevent plastic flue parts melting).

Continuity test.

- relay

measure voltage at output both before and after demand applied. Usually there are 5 connections, a pair of low voltage dc coil contacts look for a low dc voltage 12 or 24v. Other two three are common NC and NO. After dc voltage applied to coil expect 230v at NO one probe of ac voltmeter on NO other on incoming neutral or earth. NC should not show a voltage at this moment.

Hi I've just bought a new boiler thermostat but its slightly different from the old one.
The plugs are not 3 (Hearth) and thre other 2 color but 4 hearth,1 2 and C,
which one should I connect?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back