In dispute under the PWA-help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have plans for a part single and part two storey side extension.

My neighbors on that side don't live in the house but have rented it out. When they lived in the house I got on with them very well and they are very nice people. I'd like to retain the cordial relationship.

Anyway I sent them the PWA and they have sent it back as 'being in dispute'

The objections are

1) There is no drainage plan to show what happens with rain water between the two properties.

2) The boundary line is not clearly shown and they are worried it won't be respected.

They have asked me to suggest a RICS member to appoint.

I just need advice as to the best way to proceed. Is it worth me seeing if they are happy to proceed if I can resolve their concerns ie ask my planner to make provision for the drainage (which I would want anyway!) and mark the boundary more clearly?

Or is the best way to just take the financial hit and appoint the independent surveyor and let him liase with my planner and the neighbor?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
I would have thought these are fairly simple issues that a reasonable person could be reassured about. Why not clarify on paper how the proposed drainage will work and also mark the boundary clearly on a drawing with dimensions and assure them you will take personal care to make sure the plan is followed and the setting out is checked and double checked before proceeding.

I would have thought these are fairly simple issues that a reasonable person could be reassured about. Why not clarify on paper how the proposed drainage will work and also mark the boundary clearly on a drawing with dimensions and assure them you will take personal care to make sure the plan is followed and the setting out is checked and double checked before proceeding.

Thanks John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back