In the wake of the Corgi Cowboy

doitall said:
Payment and methods should always be included in the terms and condition, only a fool will leave it out

...then there was the sound of rapid backpedalling...

there's a world of difference between quoting/estimating a job and an emergency.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
doitall said:
Payment and methods should always be included in the terms and condition, only a fool will leave it out

...then there was the sound of rapid backpedalling...

there's a world of difference between quoting/estimating a job and an emergency.

Read the rest softus before making stupid comments.

If the post was too complicated for you to understand I will re-word in kindergarden for you

doitall said:
Read the rest softus before making stupid comments.
I always find that stupid comments are best written in haste - yours is a perfect example.

doitall said:
...I will re-word in kindergarden for you
Whatever that means... :confused:

Sponsored Links
Ve haff vays off making you SPELL KORECTLY :eek: KDF

sorry but 8 k sounds high but not illeagally high, providing it worked properly of course.
our company would have quoted a similar price.

lor said:
sorry but 8 k sounds high but not illeagally high, providing it worked properly of course.
our company would have quoted a similar price.

Sorry sounds High.

Our Company would have quoted a similar price.

Em :confused: What you trying to say lor, Is 8k ok or not ok. :LOL:

I've just noticed the part which says he wanted to use aluminium for the upstairs pipes! What was wrong with copper?? Was he trying to reduce the weight of the system?

As a metallurgist in the aerospace industry I would consider the use of aluminium for piping hot water to be a rather bizarre choice. It does corrode unless it's been expensively anodised. The only stuff we pipe through ally tubes in aircraft is cool air!

AndersonC, there's a lot of questions un-answered on this post.

It's my view that some misunderstanding has taken place on the aluminium pipe. I think he was probably talking about barrier pipe with an aluminium barrier, a far superior product than the normal plastic pipe, although they have been using it in New Zealand for years it is new ish to this Country.

aluminium pipe,as far as i know the pipe is made by ki tec it is plastic but has a sleeve of ally running through it for surface pipework once bent it holds the shape without 20.000clips to hold it

Why did he not suggest splitting the system into two, or three seperate systems each with a combi. O. K. you will have to buy two boilers at £800 each and maybe more pipework but no hastle with air as they are sealed systems. One on the top floor and one on the ground floor.

Bertie gas, I don't think we should be making suggestions on something we don't know. There are many ways to to do a job but without first hand information and seeing the job, how do we know what is best or even possible.

From the size of the boiler and the brief information we had the price would have been exceptable and within the range we would have charged.

What went wrong I would hate to think or even make assumptions.

Tony, You remember that length of Uponer pipe I gave you, what we were using in Bassett road when you called in. That had an aluminium barrier.

I just used some Uponor Unipipe on a small CH job. Does what the datasheet says, and with the price of copper going skywards, the cost difference, taking account of saved time, is minimal and maybe already in favour of Unipipe. Problem is still the special tooling cost!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back