• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
imo one should be able to see exactly what your (individual) tax is actually spent on ? and in some instances you should be able to refuse to have your tax spent on who or what ever a sort of opt out policy and insist its spent elsewhere

I should not be contributing tax money to fund the cost of dead beats and no hopers coming across the channel from france ?

or contributing to funding a bunch of fruit cake / blokes who want to wander around dressed up as woman

Sponsored Links
Do you know of any governments that have written laws to treat the poor more generously than the rich?
"You earn less than 12 grand; you'll pay no income tax. You earn more than 125 grand; you need to give about half of it to the government" ?

If you work harder to build your lump of of money you pay a lot more tax.

So if you've worked really hard, paid a load of tax, you can invest your lump of cash and earn money on it. You are then a RICH person
So a poor person, say a chamber maid on minimum wages diesnt work hard

but a landlord owning multiple properties who goes around collecting rent every month, work much harder.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I'd like to see a return to the pre WW1 tax regime.

Here's a good question . . . . Would you swap your right to vote for the ability to pay zero tax???

So a poor person, say a chamber maid on minimum wages diesnt work hard

but a landlord owning multiple properties who goes around collecting rent every month, work much harder.

I said "you" in both cases.

Whether you are the chamber maid or you are the landlord, what I said applies.
I didn't mention occupations.

Oooh, You must be a hard-of-reading commie troll, then. :unsure:

Last edited:
Show me the complaint you imagined you saw.
It was implicit in your fake comparison.

But I I've shown you up for posting a dumb non-comparison, which was just trolling if not a whine not sufficiently mulled.

Oooh, you must be a rather dumb, commie troll, then. :unsure:

Last edited:
Some people complain that wealthy people who pay 6 figure tax bills each year don’t pay enough tax when they barely pay 4 or 5 figures themselves.

The fact is that about 10% pay 50% of all taxes and that about 1% have the ability to reside anywhere in the world.

Instead of trying to go after the 1% who can always move, we should invest in people who pay next to nothing and help them have better paid jobs to make a greater contribution. Or simply accept reality.

The government is closing the gap on dividend/capital gains tax. But currently a person earning £150k + with bonuses of £100k will be better off having the £100k paid via RSUs which are classed as capital and subject to different taxes than income. It’s also better for the employer too

PAYE or self employed makes no difference.

The government is closing the gap on dividend/capital gains tax.

And yet, as shown in my opening example above, two people with exactly the same amount of income pay vastly different amounts of tax. One pays four times as much as the other.

This is obviously fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back