Incompatibility problem no 1: pan connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ever come across a problem of MultiKwik pan connectors not being adaptable to existing soilpipe? Using a standard 110mm connector we are unable to get this to fit with its gasket into the soilpipe, as it is too large (1950’s East London council flat). :( Further purchase of the reducing adaptor is too small for soilpipe. :confused: Plumbers Merchant says there is nothing in between. Any suggestions? Any help truly appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
The standards are (were) 4 inch and 3 ananarf inch. The problem is MultiKwik. They're a pain in the u bend. If you have a wall opposite which you can put your back against. so you can put both feet on the things, they do go in.

But use a different make, and you'll wonder what the fuss was all about.

Ah ha! Thanks, Chris. In the light of your very welcome advice I shall try to get a McAlpine or Kwikfit item - presumably one of these will do the job? God knows why the plumbers' merchant didn't know this? If I were a cynic I might be tempted to believe that the pm only stocks Multikwik? ;)

We have also been advised that we could use rapid set cement around either the plastic part of the connector ie without the gasket, or around the end of the reducer. In case I have any difficulty obtaining an alternative connector as suggested, would this be a reasonable alternative solution do you think?

Thanks again.

Just_back_from_the_pub said:
We have also been advised that we could use rapid set cement around either the plastic part of the connector ie without the gasket, or around the end of the reducer.[/quote

I've done this without problems before, just work very quickly - no stopping to finish your tea or fag etc - it's not called rapid for nothing! :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back