Help - WC connector won't stay on!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been down to plumbers merchants and got some pan connectors, etc.

Tried fitting the striaght connector on and it just pops straight off again!!

The connectors are for 110mm as usual.

The outlet on the WC is tapered but starts at ~ 104mm so shouldn't be any problems there, it is however glazed, should I scuff it up a bit to allow the connector grip?

It's a tight fit so I used fairy which allows me to get it on, but then it just pops off after a few seconds!!

Sponsored Links
Never use lube on the end of the pan con that connects to the pan, as this is what happens when you do. If its tight to get it on, just wet it slightly.

Well, dried off WC connection and tried a new connector - still popping off!!

Should I try scuffing it up a bit?

Sponsored Links
Certainly not. Maybe your connector is a bit short?

On the WC? Possible I suppose. But I have tried various connectors that I have kicking about (all were new), 90 deg, straight, offset - they all do the same - pop off slowly.

I know they will stay in place once the pipework is braced and the WC fixed to floor/wall but it's not ideal.

Think I'll contact the manufacturer.

Oh, and I meant scuffing up the glaze on the WC so it wasn't so shiny and so maybe had more grip, didn't mean scuff up the plastic connector.

As others have said, never ever use any sort of lube on the seal. You may have to buy a new connector and try again with everything dry.
:(

Yeah, I'm starting to think that, it must be the toilet as I have tried other connectors I have (all dry) and they just slowly pop off!! As has been said, I may have to push one on, hold it in place with something and silicone it.

it always pain me to silicone anything!

just to make more clear i used the straight wc pan to another connector 90 degree connector as the straight wc pan connector was the only one that stayed on.

Hallsy said:
Think I'll contact the manufacturer.

Would that be the Yuk FU sanitary co. on the banks of the Yangtsee :?: :LOL:

Very funny. Supplied by TC bathrooms UK, although I imagine they are made outside of UK, but then most stuff is.

Anyway, I've sorted it!

Had an offset connector kicking about so tried this, and it was fine, solid as a rock!! Same make as others, so swapped the seal from this one to the 90 deg connector and that too now stays put!!

Maybe some of the others had pre-lubed seals?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back