Increasing Water Pressure On A Ferroli Optimax HE31 C

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks,

Our boiler has gone out with the error code of F37 and the pressure gauge is sitting at zero.

I'm trying to fill it back up and have tried the 2 blue levers in both positions and in every combination I can think of. Next to the levers are 2 black knobs which I have turned when moving the levers too.

There is no sound of water filling and the gauge still remains at zero.

The set up is almost exactly like the pictures in Fig 17 to 19 in the manual -
http://www.ferroli.co.uk/product_documentation/DOMESTIC/Optimax_HE_31_C_Manual.pdf

A slight difference is that there are no black levers but the black knobs I mentioned earlier are in the same positions.

Am I right in thinking that the levers should be at 90deg to the valve to fill the system?

Would really appreciate any advice.

Merry Christmas.

Sponsored Links
The blue levers are on the CH flow & return & should not be touched, these should be left in the position that is shown in the manufacturers instructions. The valves with the black levers are for filling the system & the position they should be in to fill the system are the opposite to what they are in the instruction book in figure 17, by the way pipe "D" is removable & should be in place to enable the system to be repressurized.

The blue levers are on the CH flow & return & should not be touched, these should be left in the position that is shown in the manufacturers instructions. The valves with the black levers are for filling the system & the position they should be in to fill the system are the opposite to what they are in the instruction book in figure 17, by the way pipe "D" is removable & should be in place to enable the system to be repressurized.

OK, so I should leave the blue levers pointing along the valve and turn both the black knobs until fully open?

Yes , both blue levers should be pointing along the valve, that is the open position for 1/4 turn valves. The filling levers should both be in the same position to pressurize the system.

Sponsored Links
Yes , both blue levers should be pointing along the valve, that is the open position for 1/4 turn valves. The filling levers should both be in the same position to pressurize the system.

Thank you very, very much, mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back