Indescit WD12 - Water pump or PCB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Our washer dryer started with an intermittent problem whereby the dial would continuously turn when we selected the usual selection of easy care. It did however work on other programmes, then resumed normal operation for a while until now.

The dial problem has since returned at the rinse stage after a normal wash, without rinse / draining and no spinning, even after a reset. (i'm assuming with water in, it wont spin). I've checked the PCB connections, removed and replaced and have emptied the chamber that had a bit of wicker basket reed in, but the problem still persists.

I'm thinking it's the PCB due to the intermittency and variety of problems or the water pump. Can anyone please confirm this (or not). Many thanks Paul B

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
take out the brushes in the motor and give them a good clean up first thats the same problem i had and it done the trick

cleaning brushes probably wont work you will prob need to replace them.

Many thanks for the tips. It seemed the dial was turning because 'something' wasn't happening without the LED giving a specific number of flashes, (like the motor not turning due to the brushes)

By lowering the waste pipe to ground level and managing to empty the water, the spin then operated......

The water pump still didn't seem to operate when I refilled it with fresh water on a new programme, so I checked the chamber once again. Again I found two further pieces of the pesky wicker basket reeds that is our wash basket. One measured two inch which was quite thin but the culprit I think was a one inch thick piece that could have easily jammed the pump, which i'm led to believe is just a small induction motor.

So the washing is in and I'll report on my findings :rolleyes:

Cheers Blit

Sponsored Links
The washing has come out fine no probs. Watch out for those pesky wash baskets and that chamber that can store many items.....

Forgive me for stating the obvious but I think the turning of the dial is a universal method of showing something is wrong, with the LEDS indicating something of a reference for guidance.

Thanks for the tips, which I'll no doubt need sooner or later

Cheers PB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back