1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Indesit IDF125SUK possible heating element failure?

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by sparrowhawk654, 23 Sep 2018.

Tags:
  1. sparrowhawk654

sparrowhawk654

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    I inherited the above when i moved into this house ~3 years ago and its been faultless.
    Last week i noticed that the dishes were coming out wet, so i topped up the rinse aid and salt but its persisted. The cycle seems to complete but just wet dishes. out of interest i tried to run a intense wash and the diswasher never got warm and finished prematurely. i think this would point to a heating element failure?
    My machine has a dial with 1-5 a start button, a start/pause button and a low salt light. i've had a nosey round the forum and there seems to be a couple versions of my model so not sure if i can get error codes on my machine or not?

Thought it was worth asking here before i order a new heating element and throw good money after bad, any help much appreciated.

Many Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you have or can borrow a multimeter you should resistance check the element before purchasing a new one.

4. sparrowhawk654

sparrowhawk654

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    Sorry forgot to mention i'm a sparky so happy to take it all to bits. I'll need to drag it out its hideyhole and have a look, is it easy/obvious enough to find the heating element?

5. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bit like an immersion or kettle element, but at the bottom of the drum.

Last edited: 24 Sep 2018
  6. sparrowhawk654

sparrowhawk654

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    OK, i've got the sides off but can't see anything i'm expecting to look as a heating element, as i missing something obvious?

Attached Files:

7. Sponsored Links
  8. flameport

flameport

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    This is the water heater:

WhatsApp Image 2018-09-24 at 20.10.25(1).jpg

9. sparrowhawk654

sparrowhawk654

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    Thanks, ill dig out the multimeter and test it tomorrow. Cheers

10. sparrowhawk654

sparrowhawk654

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    OK, so i've got into the part and there's 2 busbars and i'm getting roughly 30 ohms between them, so presume this is ok. any other ideas what i can check?

Thanks for the help so far.

11. sparrowhawk654

sparrowhawk654

Thanks Received:
    Ireland
    OK so a little update, i tried to meter the other parts and see what was what, got it upside down but couldn't really access al ot without taking it to bits, which to be honest isn't my forte(well the putting back together anyway).
    So i filled it with water and ran the quick wash and sat watching it to see where it stopped, it ran the whole way through. Could feel it heating right up, ejected the tablet(which it hasn't done in a week. and finished off dry as you like.
    I don't know if there was a loose connection I've knocked into place or what but it seems to be ok for now. i've now put it back into its hole and put it on a regular wash to see how it goes, i'm wondering if maybe i had the drain hose trapped or something?

Anyway, hopefully its sorted itself out.

12. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local