Indesit IDV65 belt replacement...front panel/screws headache!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I'm attempting to replace a belt in my Indesit IDV65 tumble dryer (and also the bearing - possibly related to the belt snapping as I replaced the original bearing a year or so ago).
I've taken it apart to double check it was the belt (it was - snapped) but also for a trial run so when I order the new belt, it should be a little bit quicker to replace (will order this evening).

I managed to take the dryer apart, panel by panel...but I've a feeling I shouldn't have taken the very bottom screws out on the front panel/bottom section (there is a run of four screws, then another set on the metal at the very bottom with two 'brackets' - pictured).
Of course, in hindsight I should probably not have taken these out (maybe the front panel would ease down with them in situ) and at best, taken a picture.
I'm now left with a couple of brackets I can't seem to fit in, although I think I have worked out which side they go. They don't seem to line up correctly...neither do some of the screws and holes on the panel.
I know I have to keep the dryer as straight as possible (lest the drum have a knock on effect)
but how important is it to get every single screw back in every single hole...some of the holes either don't line up or they don't take the screws I have (holes to big).
A royal headache this one folks ... :(

Pics if they help below!

Many thanks.

e20NZSF.jpg

vDdj0aJ.jpg

vL57vOy.jpg

Sponsored Links
Normally only have to remove the back panel, change your belt or bearings.

Sponsored Links
I did exactly the same! Trying to get the interlock switch off. Finally went on FB marketplace to find someone selling one and they kindly sent the pictures above.
This is for anyone looking in the future as I'm sure Foxhole has sorted it by now.
The interlock switch needed replacing as the spring had broken. Stupid design and can't just buy the spring. Three coloured wires attach. I did not take a picture beforehand so that was an issue too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back