Indesit VRM 640MC Hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone have a pic of the wiring ? Ive downloaded all the manuals but none are very specific !Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are no wires coming out of it - its a box which a 6mm has to be wired into but all the manuals aren't helpful.

DSC_0151.JPG

Sponsored Links
How did you buy this hob ? Why did it come without the lead ?.

The diagrams in the manual suggest that Live is to terminals 1 and 2 with Neutral to terminals 4 and 5 Earth to terminal 6.

From your photo it can be seen that terninals 3 and 2 are linked

This might help but I would strongly suggest you ask Indesit for confirmation that terminals 1, 2 and 3 are all connected when the supply is single phase.

0z3.jpg

Hi the hob is new and doesn't come with a lead - ive asked Indesit and they said none of their appliances comes with leads ! nor would they advice over the phone but offered to charge me for an electrician !

The photo clearly shows L, N & an earth symbol on terminals 1, 5 & 6 what more information do you need?

Hobs in Europe are often connected to a split phase supply, the wiring allows you the installer to select how it is connected, a meter will quickly verify what is connected to what, likely Neutral is a single wire and line needs link in UK as we don't normally have split phase, some remote farm houses may, but it is rather rare.

Ive quoted the manual to Indesit and they said the manuals are out of date. The manual we got with it doesn't state that its supplied with a cable.

When you put the cable in 1 it passes through 2 - when you put the cable in 2 it passes through 3 and so forth ! Tomorrow Im looking for a sparky in my area who will probably charge me the earth to do a 2 min job which of course will be really simple to him !

You are stripping too much insulation from the conductors, just cut some of the wire off so that you only have enough to be clamped in the terminals.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back