Indesit Washer Dryer door jammed - genuine help needed!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, I made a mistake. Model WDE12, interlock wasn't engaging, so ordered new one from eSpares. It arrived, and had 3 separate terminals but existing wiring fed into a 'block' terminal/plug. Owner v anxious to have machine working asap, so I removed cabling from block plug (d'oh!) & attached spades to terminals of new lock.

OK, so I obviously wired it incorrectly: switched on, big bang, burning smell, and door now won't open.

Can anyone help me? I really am desperate, I'm worried that in trying to help them (they're quite hard up), I f****d up their machine.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, seriously.

Sponsored Links
you may have done, the door interlock is usually connected to the timer (so it will not start if door open)

you have 3 choices

1) buy new interlock and hope you have not blown the timer (timers can be well over a ton, and you must get the exact same one)

2) Pay for an engineer to fix it (but do be honest, it will save time / your money in diagnosing what is wrong)

3) buy them a new (2nd hand) m/c

to get the washing out depends on what has blown, interlock may be stuck locked, in which case youwill have to break the door catch (but you can do that another day)

on a HP m/c you can take the front off with door and interlock still attached so at least they can get clothes out

Thanks breezer.

****y eSpares now tell me that that the part is s/n dependent and they omitted to say this in their product description. If only I'd gone to Indesit in the first place, right part & half the price!

Door still shut, locking plate moves freely so I'm totally stumped. Can't change the lock cos I cant open the door. Sledgehammer?

i have never done it, but one HP engineer did, no problem, he broke it to open then changed the broken parts, happy but bemused customer

Sponsored Links
Use a piece of string, feed it into the door at the lock side and work it round so you have two ends opposite the lock, pull back and the door should open. If it won't then you'll have to break it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back