indesit wd125 washer/dryer- doesnt do any cycle you select

G

greeny4

please help!!!!!!!! i have an indesit wd125 washer dryer that doesnt do any cycle you select. Whatever you select it will start then the selector will start clicking round. Ive emptyed the pump and pipes where i did find a sock, a screw and some pennys but its still the same, what else can i try? any help would be appreciated to keep the mrs off me back! cheers guys Rick.

Sponsored Links
while the selector is rotating there should be a light flashing for a while then pauses for a bit and then flashes.

count the flashes as these are error codes that may help identify the problem. You can find the meaning of the codes by looking on here (Rocks1 has posted them a few times)

no of flashes
1=short circuit triac
2=motor jammed check plugs
3=ntc open/short circuit
4=p/switch jammed on empty
5=p/switch jammed on full
6=prog selector managment error
7=heater relay stuck
8=heater relay cant be activated(common on new boards try tapping relays)
9=inompatable eprom
10=pswitch not sensing correctly
11=pump cant be activated
no 12
13=dryer fan does not work dryer ntc faulty
14=dryer ellement
15=dryer ellemnt not working dryer relay on pcb probable
no flashes but door lock led lit but fails 2 cstart check door lock motor heater and associated connections
were there is a lcd display all codes will be preceeded with an f except h20 =not filling

when the selector is clicking round there is no light. Then when the clicker stops, the light flashs really fast so that you cant count it then after a while the light slows down so that you are able to count it but it then flashes continously and dosent stop??????????????????????????

Sponsored Links
Door lock flashes goes like this flash flash flash rapid flash that
means error code fo 3

so what are you saying its the door lock that needs replacing?? do you think this would cure it?????

no not the door lock ,the door lock light gives the error code .does the mc start/ does it fill with water/ does the pump run have you checked motor brushes /is there water in the drum/ have you refitted the connections on the pcb found at the back .check all these first .

it fills with water but doesnt drain. I thought there was bit of a burning smell as well, do you think it would be the bushes? where do i find them?? sorry ive never working on washing machines before thanks again Rick.

ive removed the bushes. They are low but they were making contact and you can see they were from the marks on them. If the bushes were gone would this make the selector click round??? just dont want to spend money on it if its not going to cure it. Thanks for all your help so far cheers Rick

yes ,how low are they clean then with emery paper see what happens they only cost about a tenner.

hello there ive cleaned the brushes and put them back, im now getting a reading of 5 flashes which is p/switch jammed on full. What is this and where can i find it, also how reliable are these codes thanks again Rick.

ive already unblocked it, that was the first thing i did when it went wrong. Ive turned it off at the wall as well to reset it??

Does the pump hum ,have you checked waste pipe/sink spigot for a blockage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back