Indesit WD12S washer dryer front fascia disassembly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I've spent this morning trying to change a worn out door seal on our Indesit WD12S washer dryer. I've managed to remove the door, soap dispenser, take the top off, get the old seal off and put a new one in (somehow). But I'm struggling now to put the inside clip on the seal through the door opening. The problem is that I cannot for the life of me figure out how to take out the front fascia on this washing machine which will help give me some space to work on the seal. There appear to be no screws at the top (below the control panel) or bottom to do this. Looking inside the machine, it almost appears as if the front has been welded/stuck in. I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me if there was a way to remove the front fascia at all? I have a horrible feeling that there isn't . Thanks for looking chaps.

:(

Sponsored Links
Been some years since I did this so my memory is not great, but, it was either push fit (small plastic lugs) or screws. The thing I deffo remember is that the round switches on the front also hold it on so the first thing to take off are those. They pull of their spindle and push back on again but are a very tight fit so pliers may be required. If is was screws then they were concealed below the rotary switches, if not, it may pull off when the switches are removed. Not a great memory re screws / push clips, but take the rotaries off first and see what you have. Hope it helps somewhat.

EDIT: n.b. If this doesn't work, start a new thread with the title 'help requested from SLEEPYHEAD' and ask the question again. He has helped me in the past and appears to be an expert with washing machines.

Thanks a ton for tip, I'm afraid I've since found that the front doesn't actually come off (from an exploded schematic of the machine). I've tried to slip the closed clamp (see pic below) over the lip but it's been a frustrating experience. I've tried with the top half in place and trying to lever the bottom half around it which hasn't worked (the lip is a bit too wide) and probably not the right thing to do anyway. Might try with an open clamp and try and close it while accessing from underneath the machine where there seems to be a bit more room. Will keep you posted. cheers

2s7v21l.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back