Indirect Cylinder (Horizontal)? (Immersion Only)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am at property which has only electric, no gas. I am replacing a 140l vented direct cylinder, and due to issues I've had with pressure differentials and pumps, I've decided to go for an unvented cylinder.

The property is converted, and has an additional bedroom and will in future have a garage conversion into a studio, so in total there will be 4 bedrooms. I have opted to go for a 250l cylinder to account for this.

The cylinder will go on the loft, and will go perpendicular to the joists (C16's).

My issue is, the gaps between the joists are 570mm (fairly standard), and the smallest direct cylinders I've found are 580mm, 550mm and 510mm (obviously their length varies proportionately. I don't particularly fancy touching the ceiling joists, I'd prefer to try and squeeze it through.

My questions are as follows:

I only need a direct tank, but I've found some manufacturers don't actually stock any, but have the same tank (with twin immersions) in a in-direct model. Can I buy a indirect tank and simply use the 2 immersion heaters?

Secondly, when it says the diameter is 510, is that including components, for example the Telford slim models?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back