Indisit 966W w/m rattling on spin, found dislodged 'bush'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This just started happening; Indisit 966W washing machine rattling and trying to move around a little on spin. 2 top drum springs and 2 lower drum attachments seem to be in good condition and in place but in the bottom of the machine case on the left hand side when looking at front of machine I have found what looks to be a sort of 'bush' which I would guess has come off some part of the drum attachments but can't see where. It is a thick rubber tube, 60mm long, 20mm thick with a 5mm hole through the centre.
Anyone with Indisit experience have any idea where this may have come from ?
All help appreciated / thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
There should be at least two of them, they are part of the transit bolts which are removed prior to use.

Thanks, sleepyhead. So, as its about 10 years old, maybe just got left or dropped there when the transit bolts were removed. Rather than me thinking it looking like it was some sort of shock absorber or connector which has come off and is allowing the drum to vibrate more than designed ?

You were right sleepyhead, had another look today and found the other one and they are exactly the right length to fit between the fixing points for securing the drum.
Back to rattle with a little more info. Its only on the fastest spin and it is something hitting the casing below the door; if I press against the front casing there with my foot it stops. Problem is the only thing I can see down there is the pump and thats attached to the casing but could move I suppose if it has come loose. Will check again tomorrow - unless there are any other suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Finally found and fixed it. As I said before, it was a rattle (loud) on the lower right of the casing by the pump. These casing are made of pressed metal and are riveted together. Where the front right bottom was riveted to the right hand side casing underneath (right in the corner), there was a rivet missing so it was actually the 2 parts of the casing hitting each other (just started happening after about 6 years or so). There has never been a rivet there because the holes don't quite line up and there is paint inside them. So the guy on the production line couldn't get the rivet in because the holes are slightly misaligned so obviously just thought - sod it.
Drilled new 4mm adjacent hole, 4mm nut and bolt with the gripping washers either side, sorted.
Thanks for your interest in trying to help sleepyhead, appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back