Indoor Curling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I look after the repairs and maintenance at a church. The church hall has a wooden floor that has been sanded and varnished and is used by a lot of community groups including dance groups, yoga, parents and toddlers, taekwondo etc.

I’ve been asking if Indoor Curling would be likely to damage the floor. I have no idea but thought that this forum might offer advice.
As far as I know the sort of curling stones are like these http://www.thinksport.co.uk/new-age...J3XuPuPKYwe0FOtVrOTFev8fkdRhfb_IaAuGzEALw_wcB
We want to let as many groups as possible use the hall but are worried about damage.

Sponsored Links
Never seen those before, but the description says they have ball bearing underneath them, so it'll be down to the quality of the floor if they can be used, rather than will they damage the floor. If it can be used for dancing, then I reckon it should be okay.

As always, advise them they'll need to do a test before they're allowed to use it properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back