Indoor Plants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am Living in an apartment, I don’t have a garden to tend, and I would really love to take care of plants. What are the best indoor plants? Any suggestions? I would like to take care of some flowers, if possible. :)

Sponsored Links
Have you thought of succulents? I've got loads in my conservatory, this sort of thing http://www.surrealsucculents.co.uk/
They are very weird, aren't bothered if you go off on holiday for a couple of weeks and they get ignored and very easy to propagate. Flowers are not usually exciting but when the plant looks like these http://www.finegardening.com/10-outstanding-succulents who cares?

Or, if you fancy a challenge look after an orchid. Wonderful things, but can be tricky

Thanks, does ornamental cactus and aloe vera a member of succulent plants? i only have one sliding glass door at home. can this plant thrive in not so much light?

Sponsored Links
trust me succulent plants need sunshine. I had kept two in my apartment last year, but they all died finally. :(

trust me succulent plants need sunshine. I had kept two in my apartment last year, but they all died finally. :(

Did you hold a post mortem to prove they died from lack of sunshine?

Most indoor succulents die from inappropriate watering by people who don't know how to grow them.

They are tough as old boots, they have to be where they grow naturally. Vere towards ignoring them rather than molly coddling them. Many are propagated by cutting a stem off, letting it along for a week to callous over and then shoving in a pot of compost. I've one stem I cut off at least a month ago and have just left. It hasn't changed one iota.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back