induction hob over oven built under worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i know this topic has a few questions already but they seem to date back to 2009, 5 years on and i was wondering if fitting an induction hob over an oven is do able nowadays, wickes designed my kitchen and they put the hob over the oven, nothing was mentioned about the possibility of the hob overheating from the oven and its time to fit the kitchen in, do i tell the carpenter to lower the oven and cut an air gap from the top edge of the oven compartment, when the work surface is in it wont notice but surely it would help?, standard 60mm service gap at the back of the units as well which will provide good ventilation.
maybe i should install a thin insulation slab between both appliances?
i checked the hob instructions and it states that it cannot be fitted over an unvented oven, nothing in the ovens instruction saying it is or it isnt, a tad confused!
i have a bosch hob and a zanussi oven, anyone else fitted these appliances with no problems?
thanks for looking

Sponsored Links
i checked the hob instructions and it states that it cannot be fitted over an unvented oven, nothing in the ovens instruction saying it is or it isnt, a tad confused!
Does it have holes above the door?

Is it working yet? Does it blow air at you through these holes?

the oven doesnt have any vents on the top, i take it that its unvented, its a new pyrolitic oven,
i checked the zanussi website on their induction hobs and it seems they can be fitted above ovens as long as you make sure the front bar in the wooden housing is removed and there is more than 20mm gap at the back of the unit.

this is what it says in the bosch manual:

Built-in assembly under worktop: The induction hobs may
only be installed over a drawer, ovens with forced ventilation
from the same brand and dishwashers from the same brand.
Refrigerators, unventilated ovens and washing machines may
not be installed beneath the hob.

looks like i gotta send the bosch back, have to get a zanussi hob.

pity, got the hob from B&Q for £297 reduced from over £400, and bosch do a cashback on this hob of £100, meant it would have been a bargain at £197, would have been the bargain of the year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back