Industrial electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question regarding the control of heating systems (large scale). I think it is best posted here, as it is really electrical as opposed to plumbing/heating.

What is the purpose of a "Seachange boiler controller with VT circuit"

and a DWH controller.

I heard reference made to these recently and was just wondering what they are. Where would they be installed etc.

A slightly related question. Are industrial electrics anyway similar to domestic? Does it have its similarities or a completely different kettle of fish?

Sponsored Links
Seachange (now called smart kontrols) manufacture a range of heating control devices for use in commercial / industrial environments.
A boiler controller is a sophisticated piece of apparatus used to control up to 2 boilers as of demands from the main building. It also features various test and “housekeeping” modes for maintenance on heating systems.

A domestic hot water controller is used to maintain how water at a desired temp. along with controlling calorifiers.

This is really advanced heating control for large buildings and this is not the place to go into it all.

I have wired a heating system for a school here recently, which features both of these units. I happen to have photographs of this on the net at present and are linked to below. These will also give you some idea of what industrial wiring is about, unrelated to domestic.
The workmanship on industrial installations has to be to a very high standard, borrowed neutrals etc. are OUT!

Perhaps FWL or secure can compare this type of installation / practices to those used in the u.k.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~bryanrooney

Is it wrong that I want an installation like that in my house? Your website is p0rn for DIYers! :LOL:

BR said:
The workmanship on industrial installations has to be to a very high standard, borrowed neutrals etc. are OUT!
What - like they're not in domestic :?: :confused: :?: :eek: :?:

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
Is it wrong that I want an installation like that in my house? Your website is p0rn for DIYers! :LOL:

Got some XXX hardcore for you:

packagedsub.jpg

BR said:
These will also give you some idea of what industrial wiring is about, unrelated to domestic.

1.JPG

Those earth wires could be better dressed....

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

now listen here you little DIY'ing.......
last comment removed as unnecessary and uncalled for ( ;) ;) FWL) :)

2.JPG
Whats that on the tray just above the blue terminal block at the bottom. White thing??

Is there some knack in opening these kind of cabinets. Even when I use the key and open both 'locks' the door still won't open??

altec said:
Whats that on the tray just above the blue terminal block at the bottom. White thing??
Ah, It's the key for the emergency lighting controller, which shoudn't really be there, but about the only place you can leave it where it wont get lost.

altec said:
Is there some knack in opening these kind of cabinets. Even when I use the key and open both 'locks' the door still won't open??
Then you probably shoudn't be opening them! try switching off the isolator on the front first. the door won't open until you do this for safety purposes

Phowwwwwwarrr!!

Ban, got any more mate? I'll make it worth your while......

securespark said:
Phowwwwwwarrr!!

Ban, got any more mate? I'll make it worth your while......
Hot stud action!

eatonswb.jpg

Group action!

eatontest.jpg

Big fuses!

main0108.jpg

Outdoor action!

main0111.jpg

Ooh err! The sight of those fuses had me all of a fluster, I can tell you.... But where is the protection? You know.......I don't want to end up with HIV (High Internal Voltage)..........

ban-all-sheds said:

Are they for the new Triton Megawatt range of showers?

Can I get them in a format to suit my 60A Wylex plug-in type?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back