Industrial style shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs wants an industrial style shower. I'm concerned that the attached pic setup will be difficult to balance hit and cold with the inputs directly opposite each other...or am I over thinking it?

Also would prefer to use compression joints with 15mm galvanized steel for exposed pipework. Any tips for this?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 126657d7db515949e84feedb20b130be--teenage-bathroom-man-bathroom.jpg
    126657d7db515949e84feedb20b130be--teenage-bathroom-man-bathroom.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 188
Sponsored Links
will be difficult to balance hit and cold with the inputs directly opposite each other...or am I over thinking it?
As long as the supplies are equal pressure/flow then no issue although most showers are fitted with NRVs

Also would prefer to use compression joints with 15mm galvanized steel for exposed pipework. Any tips for this?
Most barrel pipework is threaded pipe and fittings - you just need a threading machine and a bit of practise and Bob's your uncle!

http://www.gfps.com/appgate/ecat/common_flow/10005L/UK/en/109697/497242/index.html

You can build your own type of shower but it has to suit uk regulations including wras and the tmv scheme. Its about prevention of water contamination and prevention of scalding.

Maybe an always on suitable mixing/temperature valve supplying mixed water before the industrial arrangement with a single gate valve to turn the shower water on/off.

Sponsored Links
Wow! What else your missus into?
Those pipes would be ideal for handcuffs :ROFLMAO::sneaky:

I remember when I first left Home and got my first house... I put Victorian style cross-head tap handles on all the kitchen cupboard doors... Hot & cold tags oriented the correct way of course :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back