Inexplicably cold bedroom

Does the window have a upvc cill? Sometimes there is a real gale blowing under those things, between them and the old wooden board

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

The windows isn't large by any stretch, and is smaller than most in the house. The window cill is concrete.

Thanks

Ray K

The utility room is directly below this bedroom.
I have the radiator turned off in the utility room at the moment, would this make a difference?

Sponsored Links
You will always get 1 room is the coldest and it's to do with the sun rotation which doesn't help, when I did my coldest room I've used timber studs against the walls, insulation slabs and plasterboards. Will make the room slightly smaller. A bonus if you add thermal wallpaper or have a look at sempatap thermal insulation

A glazier is coming out next week to check the window has been installed correctly. Fingers crossed this resolves the problem.

"Coming to Check."..for £100. :eek: Pay a plumber that for a bigger rad :idea: Just get one with general building experience - Not Gas Safe - it`s not necessary to do your job.

lets look at this problem from a different angle

we know this room has extra external wall area that wont help
other things that can cause the lack off heat
draughts as said
radiator partly blocked/containing air /valve not properly open/bad flow through pipes

loft/cavity wall insulation missing

other rooms can be heated from underneath whats below the bedroom!!![sorry didnt realise this point had been covered :oops: but still relivent]

so any off the above or a collection off could add together and cause the problem

Does the room feel damp?

Our bedroom was always freezing even during summer and it slowly dawned on us that a combination of condensation/lack of air circulation and the finlock guttering was to blame, (that and north dacing wall/window) when winter came the rain just seeped through. We fixed those two points and room is now as warm as anywhere else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back