Infill, outside of the settlement limit??? help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!!!

we are desperate to build a house on land that we own, where there is a small dilapidated barn in the gap that we want to build on.
The land is outside of the village settlement limit, but there are houses either side and opposite and the house would be built in line (neither further back or stood proud of these) so in my eyes is this is infill.
The planners seem to be dead against any development of any kind.
We have not submitted a planning application as we have basically been told the answer will be no.

It is so frustrating as I constantly see houses cropping up that are outside the settlement limits of other villages and it seems to be one rule for one and another.

All the legal jargon confuses me and I seem to be going round in circles.
The land is in the Taunton Deane borough council area of somerset

Sponsored Links
Why don't you submit a pre-application enquiry, as that will give you the advice to proceed forward (or not)?

If you disagree with the advice or think there is a possibility of seeking Planning permission, then submit a formal Planning application. If it's refused after the 8 weeks, maybe tweek it and re-submit using the "free go" option. If that is also refused, then look at appealing the decision. The appeal process can be costly and can drag out for months. If they say no, then that's your final answer/decision.

But to be honest, if the pre-application advice dismisses any development potential and refers to particular policies that it does not comply with, then take the advice at an early stage and move on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back